I focus heavily on grammar, punctuation, and anything else that may crop up or that you request. If you need someone to really give your manuscript a good grammatical scrub, I'm your editor.
A few of my credentials include:
- Beta Reader for Some Quiet Place (Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Book of (2013), Gold IPPY Award, IndieFab Award Winner (2013)) and Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton (published by Flux)
- Editorial Intern at Negative Capability Press in Mobile, AL
- Mentor is former Poet Laureate of Alabama, Dr. Sue Brannan Walker, owner of Negative Capability Press
- Current work in progress is an anthology of poetry, nonfiction, fiction, and criticism to be released by the end of July in celebration of NCP's 33rd anniversary.
- I am the Layout Editor on this project.
- Next project is a poetry book contest. Winner will receive $2000, publication, and 25 copies of published work. If interested in submitting poetry manuscripts, go to the NCP Contests page.
- B.A. with honors in English
- Working on M.A. in English with concentration in creative writing
- Copy Editor (former) for weekly college newspaper, The Vanguard
- Writing Consultant at the University of South Alabama
If you wish to obtain my services, please email me at email@example.com with the subject title: Manuscript Editing Request + your name. In the body of the email, please list your name, the name of your work, give your contact information, and any other information (date you hope to have it back, etc.).
I will only accept documents in .doc or .docx format because I like to do my edits in MS Word Track Changes.
Because I am rather busy (working on my M.A. thesis after all), I retain the right to reject manuscript editing proposals if I am overwhelmed or won't have time to devote myself fully to the project, which would be doing you as an author a big favor. You don't want sloppy editing.
Ideally, manuscripts should be in 12pt Times New Roman font, double spaced, with all of the appropriate industry formatting. If you don't know what I mean by that, please check out this link.
Types of manuscripts I will edit:
- Fiction (general)
- Young Adult (my preference)
This will be discussed on a person-to-person basis, but a rough estimate for a complete manuscript (approximately 60,000 to 100,000 words) is based on a rate of $30-$45 per hour, depending on what is required of me. Basic copyediting will be about $1 a page; however, more in-depth editing will cost more because it requires more use of my brain cells and those are limited, sadly.
Payment will be through PayPal and will be expected before the revised manuscript is sent back.