Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

RTW: Flavor of the Month


Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.

We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.

This Week's Topic:
(Back by popular demand!) What's the best book you've read this month?

The best book I've read this month? Somebody give me an easier question.

Do WIPs count? Because I would totally say one of Kelsey Sutton's WIPs completely hooked me and if she doesn't finish it, I will surely die of not knowing what happens. The end. (And I hope she reads this and feels compelled to finish it. Yes, I'm looking at you, Kills. Right at you. But seriously, finish that rewrite of the other WIP first.)

But as for published books (which I know that WIP will be someday), I have to say that the best I've read this June was States of Confusion by Paul Jury. And watch the video that his name links to. It's great.



I don't usually read memoirs, but this one was hilarious, and I don't say that lightly. There were moments when I was reading it that I almost choked on my own laughter. Surprisingly, that can be done. I was planning on doing a more in-depth review of the book next month after my book review of it was published in the upcoming July issue of The Vanguard, but might as well mention it now.

Well, that's all for this Road Trip! See y'all next week!
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, never heard of this one! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added this book to the TBR list. It also sounds like something Hubby would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds great! I love when books make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! When memoirs are done well, they can be so darn compelling. And I agree with Kaitlin, I looooove books that make me laugh out loud. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting! I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I don't read a lot of memoirs either, but I'd give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all definitely should! He's a funny guy, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you liked Kills latest WIP! Isn't 'Sam' the best?? <3

    ReplyDelete

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.