Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

That Little Thing Called Monday

Hello fellow Mondayers! Wow, that salutation took a lot out of me. Unfortunately it's only Monday, which I think we're all pretty aware of, and I'm already running on empty as far as energy is concerned. I'm just now recovering from a horrible cold (I can taste food again!) and the weather has decided for some inexplicable reason to act according to the season. Instead of balmy lows of 50 and highs of 70, last night the weather took a plummeting dive into the below 30's. Not cool.

Please, sir. Can I have just
one more piece of pizza?
So, this morning I froze on my bike ride to class. Thank goodness my parents talked me into bringing my "thick" jacket back with me to school over the weekend, or else I may have been one more casualty of the below freezing temps. If I could feel pity for the squirrels, I would feel horrible that they had to be outside hunting for nuts and granola bars to steal from unsuspecting students. As it is, I do not feel anything for squirrels other than the ever present enmity that rises within me whenever I see one.

I've been meaning to write a book review for Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi, but alas, I haven't even finished it yet, so it really wouldn't be much of a review, now would it? *face palm*

I feel like this is turning into a housekeeping post since I really don't have anything to talk about. Unless y'all want to hear about my 21st birthday? It was fun. I had pina coladas and pizza, and my entire family came over to celebrate. That's pretty much it. What were y'all expecting?

Oh wait.

I hit all PERFECTs. Just saying. I know that dance.
I dance it in my dreams. Or in my head on the way to class.
Or even in class, in my head. 
My friend does have a video on her phone of me dancing to "Apache (Jump on It)" during a Just Dance mini-competition. Not to brag, but I'm pretty good. With that song. Only. For reals.




But that's all that happened. I went to bed at a fairly early hour.

But then I woke up the next morning with a sore throat and a fever. Yes. I got sick the day after my birthday. Some may say I'm lucky that my body resisted for one more day. Being sick ON your birthday isn't fun. However, I still resent having been sick at all. I'm not fun when I can't talk without coughing or when my head is stopped up.

Thankfully, I'm feeling better. Five days of antibiotics have made a difference. Well, now that I've managed to ramble for a few paragraphs, I'm going to go take a nice nap before I get started on all of my work.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.