Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

After the Storm

It wasn't really as bad as the media outlets made it out to be, at least not in my area. The local news stations squawked about TS Isaac for days before it "hit."

The one and only casualty at our house was Frank.

Frank. 

Other than Frank losing a leg and falling over, the weather was simply perfect for skimboarding in the yard (Boyfriend had a blast) or just walking around. Like I did. 
Oh it's a tropical storm out here? I didn't realize.

When all was said and done, I'd watched what amounted to two seasons of Top Gear (the UK version of course) in the three days that TS Isaac splattered and blew outside. For once in the history of history, my university actually cancelled classes not one but TWO days in a row! This never happens. I'm pretty sure if scientists knew for a fact that the end of the world was going to happen the Thursday of next week, we would still have classes that day. 

Just because. 

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and doing wonderful things wherever they may be. Oh! And have a great Labor Day!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.