Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

RTW: Best of July

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link -- or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.



This Week's Topic:
What was the best book you read in July?

This summer hasn't been good for my reading side, since I've been kept busy at work and with classes, but my classes ended a week ago and I've been reading like a fiend for the past few days.

Best book so far has been Eona by Alison Goodman. One word to describe it: breathtaking. Goodman created a magnificent world in Eon and Eona continued that world and left me satisfied by the end. It's amazing how many times I thought to myself, "No he/she didn't!" and had to keep reading to find out what happened. I ended up finishing the (huge) book in one night because I couldn't put it down.

However, July isn't over, so it's still possible that the next book on the agenda might knock Eona down the ladder of favorites, but at the moment it's standing strong.

What a lovely cover. :)
As for recommending it, I definitely do, and I've already told one of my friends to find a copy STAT. He got it in e-book for his Kindle. Or was it a Nook? Can't remember, I just recall him saying he had to bring it back from the dead and now he had a Frankenstein reader. I thought it funny.

Anyway, I know my response is a bit late to the Road Trip party, but I just got internet back at my house, so I was lucky to even get a chance to post at all.

Until next time, keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. .....The book was amazing.

    The ending sucked. I thought it needed an epilogue or something: there was so much left unsaid!

    How can she (the author) have us fall in love with those characters, but not let us make peace with them, in the end?

    It's just one of those books that I'd volunteer to rewrite the ending.

    But the rest WAS amazing, no two ways about it.

    Also. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful cover! And sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.