Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Sleeps

That is a dead blue crab. Belly-up.
At least he died in the wild,
and not in a pot. That's the way to go out.
It's another one of those days where I'm at work and no one comes in, so I have to find ways to entertain myself. I opened a Word document and started typing on one of my WIPs, and that lasted about an hour. It felt nice, but I kept feeling like I had something else to do. Although, I'm not quite sure what that is.

So now I'm writing this post and listening to Pandora radio because I don't want to listen to the music in my library. I still have three more hours until I can leave this place (where I'm slowly freezing to death) and I've decided just now to write a list.

1. Despite having eaten a footlong sub, I'm still hungry. Most likely for coffee.
2. There's a green sheet hanging on the wall in the lab that we use for our "green screen area" and I'm seriously considering pulling it down and using it to keep warm.
3. Whoever put it up wouldn't be very happy with me.
4. Then again, there aren't any cameras in here so I could probably get away with denying my involvement.
5. Hmmmmmm...
6. I started back playing Words with Friends, and have discovered that I have not recovered from it as an addiction. I was just on a break. But I'm back!
7. There is half a bag of Mellowcream Pumpkins in the lab, but by the time I leave, I predict that their numbers will be greatly diminished. If you leave those things near me, I will eat them. They're made with real honey!
8. I can't stop thinking about how dirty my room is, and right now I have this sudden, strong urge to scrub toilets and sweep. Thank goodness I'm at work.
9. I just went and entered like five book giveaways on Goodreads. Maybe I'll win one. That would be so cool.
10. When I'm at the lab by myself, it gets so quiet that I feel like I could go crazy from the silence. Hence Pandora and OneRepublic.
11. Although now that I think about it, OneRepublic is a rather alone-sounding band.
12. For some inexplicable reason, I always want to call Mellowcream Pumpkins, Mellowcream Mushrooms.
13. The reason is not known, though I don't doubt it's connected in some way to Mellow Mushroom pizza and my love of pizza in general.
14. Last night I panicked upon finding a rather large spider in my sink, so I washed it down the drain. I didn't know what to do. I hope it doesn't come back out of there and watch me while I sleep.
15. Great. Now I've scared myself.
16. Since starting this post I've had 15 pumpkins and can now taste the honey.
17. If you can't count, that's a pumpkin for each number, or mostly since this one and number 16 doesn't count.
18. I've officially made it past Midterm week, and all without knowing it was actually Midterm week. I didn't find that out until this morning when the guy who has the key to the education lab showed up to let me in and he asked me how my Midterm week had been. Thanks guy.
19. I wondered why I was having so many tests this week. I just thought it was odd timing.
20. I wonder what else is going on that I don't know about?
21. Actually, I don't think I want to know. Sometimes I think it's best if I remain out of the loop, at least that way I can claim not to know and not have to lie.
22. That sounds bad. Oh well.

Well, I think I'm all done. What a pointless post. If you've read this far, you are awesome, but quite possibly self-destructive. Maybe you should get that checked out. Until next time...eat some pumpkin candy!
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. LOL!! "I wondered why I was having so many tests this week. I just thought it was odd timing." Sorry, that made me quite literally LOL.

    And anything with honey in it deserves to be eaten/drunk until you can taste the honey. I'm not sure what all the buzzing and stinging is about, because as far as I'm concerned, the only thing bees are good for is making honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post = random awesomesauce. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at y'all, being all awesome and stuff! Glad I could provide some LOLing and randomosity.
    I'm up to 30 pumpkins, by the way. I'm gonna be so sick.

    But it's worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. See - I love list posts... pumpkin candy? Is that real?
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin candy is very, very real. You can only get it this time of year, and you'll only find it if you aren't looking for it. Brach's is the best! :D

    ReplyDelete

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.