Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

RTW: Behind This Door is a Reason

I can see the light! And it's so bright! 
It's that day of the week again, and I'm back for seconds today. 

Welcome to our 101st Road Trip Wednesday!

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.

This Week's Topic:
What's your numero-uno reason for writing?

Well, I like to think that I write for others, but really, if I'm honest, I write for myself. Writing (since I'm being honest) keeps me sane. Sanity=good.

It's fairly simple, and since I like to be sane most of the time and find that other people like to be around sane people, I write. Although, since I'm taking the honest train today, I can't completely assure anyone reading this that I am sane. Saying I'm not crazy is like a sure give-away that I am, because only truly crazy people think they're completely sane.

Sanity isn't my only goal however. I also write to make a point and to inform people of interesting things. As a student journalist, I get to write about a lot of things, often about topics that I may not have considered covering if it weren't for the fact that I needed an article for my section of the paper.

With the different fields of writing that I'm involved in, whether it be journalism, blogging, essays, or fiction, I find that the mere process of putting words down in any form is enough to make me happy. Today, for instance, I know that I'm going to have to write at least one article, maybe two, and also churn out an essay about some Shakespearean topic in only 50 minutes. Oh joy.

I'm also going to be teaching a writing workshop (that will hopefully turn out alright since it's my first one) to help the students struggling in EDM310 with their own writing skills.

So, to get back to the original point of this post: what is my number one reason for writing?

Well, I guess it's because I love it. Do I need more of a reason? I don't think so.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. great post, and yes, sanity is a good thing! And how great that you get to be a part of other people's writing process through teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that you don't just limit "writing" to your WIP. When we talk about "writing," we're (or at least I'm) talking about it in all its manifestations--not just writing fiction. Whether it's my WIP, or my blog, or something else, I'm writing every day. And while it's not all the same kind of writing, it's still putting thoughts into words that others can read. It's fun, and creative, and what's not to love about it?

    As for sanity... my kids are crazy--what does that say about me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never need a better reason than loving it :) That's the best reason of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely don't need another reason. :)

    ReplyDelete

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.