Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Fives: Holiday Stories


I'm so glad it's Friday. Y'all have no idea. Granted, I did have a final today, but it wasn't one I was worried about, so it doesn't play into this post at all. Forget I even mentioned it.

Anyway, this post is going to have to tide me over until next week because Monday through Wednesday will be the Days of DEATH. This weekend is going to be my attempt at preparing for murder by final exams.

If I don't see any of you again, just remember me as I was.

Now, enough of that dramatic stuff. Let's get down to the real reason behind this post.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
2. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
3. The Legend of the Candy Cane by Lori Walburg
4. The Fir Tree by Hans Christian Anderson
5. The story of Jesus's birth in the Bible.

It used to be a tradition for us to gather in the living room on Christmas Eve and read the story of Mary and Joseph in search of a place to stay in Bethlehem. We haven't done it lately (I don't know why), but I can remember wanting desperately to be the one to read it aloud when I was younger.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.