Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

RTW: Best Books of 2011

Welcome to our 111th Road Trip Wednesday! 

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic. 


We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments. 

This Week's Topic: 
(YA Highway combined today's RTW with Highwayer Sarah Enni's End-of-the-Year blog carnival, so if you want to see what that's about, just click on over!) 


I'm going to keep this post brief considering I've already discussed my choices at one point or another. I just can't get over how awesome these books are!

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Yes. This one is going to stay in my favorites for many years to come. Don't be too surprised to see it crop up as my favorite read of 2012. Weirder things have happened, especially at Les Cirque des Reves. And this is the link to my review a few RTW's ago.



2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

This was the book club pick of November over at Tracey Neithercott's blog, and I enjoyed this book so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. (I've been watching 30 Rock for a couple of weeks now, so if you notice any irregularities, just nod and pretend like it makes sense.)

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Surprisingly, I don't think I blogged about this one. Huh. Is this what it's like to be in The Twilight Zone? Click on the title if you need to know more or haven't heard about it. I won't judge (because I can't tell if you don't know or not) but you really should read this book. It's AWESOME. The End.

4. Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
Here is my review of this delightful variant of the zombie genre! Bram...le sigh.

5. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
This was a difficult choice. I had some bitterness initially over this book, mostly because I hate waiting, but once I finally read it, I wasn't disappointed. I realize it must have been extremely difficult for Paolini to wrap up this series (and it could have gone on forever) so I give him props for doing a wonderful job. I could have sworn that I did a review of Inheritance...oh wait! I did! Only it wasn't for here. It was for The Vanguard. *searches for link* Aaaand here y'all go. A review of Inheritance, a la moi.





Alright, well, this post has taken a lot longer than I'd anticipated. Must be all the links. Those things are the devil.  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.