Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Two Reviews and a Butterbeer Kind of New Year

I'm so sorry to have been away so long, my friends, but I've just been so busy with things that today is the first time I've been able to check my blog since New Year's Eve. Honestly, I'm just glad that all the holiday parts of winter break are over. Now I can just concentrate on doing what I want to do.

Here's the next video review (it's double the normal content) so I hope y'all enjoy it.



I tried to condense the reviews, but I'm not sure it worked out that well. I really need to learn to plan before I start recording. I always have to cut long ramblings out because the videos end up being too long. I still feel like they're too long even after I've finished cutting and trimming the fat.

And I also feel like I don't ever get around to actually reviewing the books. The videos feel more like reactions. Perhaps I need to start calling them that...hmmm...

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was my favorite of the two books. I think it was because there weren't any needles like in Across the Universe. However, I felt more strongly for Amy and Elder than I did for Karou and Akiva. I can come up with no rational explanation for this. Really. My brain-heart works in strange ways.

I don't usually discuss the romance or plot of a book because I feel like it's something other readers are best left to discover for themselves, but I will say this: both of these books will challenge you to re-examine your ideas and conceptual frameworks of love and you will ache in your bones because of it. That is all.

Oh and don't worry, I haven't forgotten to provide the link to the Butterbeer recipes.
Recipe of the Week: Butterbeer. 
If y'all see my friend Jake, y'all can thank him for linking me to the recipes on Mugglenet.com. I just love fellow Potter fans. They're so ingenious. And now I know how to make Butterbeer three different ways! Oh the indescribable joy!

Here are some photos of me enjoying Butterbeer at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Harry Potter Land). Enjoy! (I know I sure did!)


First glass at The Three Broomsticks!
Waiting for second glass at The Hog's Head.
The hog head on the wall moves and grunts!
Second cuppa Butterbeer in the pavilion
behind The Three Broomsticks/The Hog's Head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.