Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

RTW: Oh, the Places I'd Go

Welcome to our 112th Road Trip Wednesday!

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.


This Week's Topic


I'm a wilderness person. My creative juices are stimulated by grand scenes of nature. I also have a thing for trees. I don't know what it is about them, but they make me happy. These trees in Scotland fill me with a euphoric sense of joy and peace. If I were among them right now, I think I'd sing this song. 

nature.desktopnexus.com



Therefore, I feel like my perfect writing getaway would have to be somewhere like this. 

worldwide-travelling.blogspot.com

It's a cottage! It's so quaint and country. I can just imagine waking up to the sound of songbirds, making myself a cup of coffee, and then sitting outside as the world comes back to life. A place like that would be perfect for writing. Plus, this place reminds me of Snow White. She's my favorite princess after Belle. 

Also, there are these nifty little things called "forest book nooks" that look a little something like this. I really, really, really, really (times infinity) want one of these mini-houses. If you want to know more about them, here is the link to the article on The Limite Magazine website. 

limitemagazine.com

limitemagazine.com


limitemagazine.com

As it is, the forest book nooks are a bit too modern architecturally for my taste, but I feel like I could easily modify one for my purposes. I have oodles of rustic, old world charm just waiting to be unleashed on an unsuspecting book nook. I think if I could somehow combine the cottage and this design, I'd have the PERFECT writing retreat. 

However, since I'm a fan of beautiful places, here are a few other places that I would LOVE to stay and write. 

go-destination.com


funonthenet.in

And they must have a library much like this one.

designemo.com

With a book collection like this. 

teddybearworld.org.uk

Yep. I'd write there. Actually, just looking at pictures of those places makes me want to write. As for who or what I'd bring, I can honestly say that I would bring no one. I write best in solitude. I love my family and my friends, but they tend to get in the way. I need total isolation from people to get things done. 

But I would bring my computer and my pillow. Those are two things I can't live without, no matter where I am. 


What would y'all's perfect writing escapes be? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.