Saturday, November 19, 2011
Just think of this little post as me allowing y'all a glimpse into my mind on Shakespeare. I've just spent about five hours writing a paper about why Iago is probably a super villain. My position: he is. That may have been redundant. I'm too tired to go back and read what I wrote. That's not sad at all.
Anyway, you people may not see much of me in the next few days, which is fairly normal considering I mostly post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Unless I decide to post on Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays, and let's face it, sometimes I do. Take today for example. So...I forgot what I was trying to say.
I know! I'll do a list.
Things I'd Rather Be Doing Instead of Writing (which doesn't happen very often):
1. Sleeping. I'm so tired, I can't come up with anything funny to say about how tired I am.
2. Eating fried chicken. For some reason, I've been craving fried chicken and right now my stomach wants to drive itself to the nearest chicken finger establishment and buy itself a box of tenders. Good luck with that, stomach. You're an organ. Have fun reaching the pedals and paying for your food. No pockets, no hands, no feet. Sucks, right?
3. Watching Melancholia. I rented it from iTunes a few days ago and now I'm just waiting for a spare hour and half to watch it. Its day will come. Eventually. Maybe.
4. Reading one of the many books that are currently fighting for my attention. First up is The Scorpio Races, since I've decided to participate in the November Book Club this month.
5. Knitting my scarf. I started out going strong and managed to knit about a foot and half of scarf, but other things took over my time and now it's sitting at the foot of my bed giving me accusing looks. I'll get to you soon, coffee colored scarf. Your day will come as well. Maybe in conjunction with Melancholia. I think y'all will get along.
Okay, that list is going nowhere and is starting to bore me. I guess that means I need to get back to writing papers...aww man. At least I'm done with Shakespeare for today. Now I just need to write a five-pager about one of three topics for my World Literature I class. It's either going to be 1) something about "The Iliad" and "Ramanyana" or 2) something about early Chinese poetry. I'm leaning more towards "The Iliad." There are three topics, but I don't remember the third one, so it may as well not exist.
Until next time...run if you see me because I may be in a bad mood.