Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Inheritance At Last



That's right. It's that time of the century again. Another Paolini titan is about to descend upon us mere mortals. In less than 12 hours, I believe. No, I'm not going to the midnight release. I grew out of those without even having to go to any of them. I love them, but nerds up past their bedtimes are almost too much for me to take. When you throw in the fact that they'll probably be adults (since Inheritance took eons to arrive), it would just be one of those sad moments that reminds me that I'm not a kid anymore.


For some reason, I find this reading to be slightly depressing. I don't know if it's the fact that I never found Paolini to be a very charismatic speaker or that time has dulled my appreciation for Eragon's plight in Alagaesia, but this excerpt didn't get my nerd juices flowing like I thought it would.


Oh well. I'm still going to go buy a copy, maybe not tomorrow since I don't get paid until Friday, and I'm going to read it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappoint me. I've been waiting so long for this last book that I'd pretty much stopped caring. That sounds horrible, but it's also true. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thinks this is a bitter-sweet release. Let's just all pray that my doubts are wrong and that my "Bah humbug" attitude gets a sharp check by the actual book. I really want to be proven wrong in this case.

4 comments:

  1. My oldest has been anticipating this book too, but she hasn't mentioned it lately, so I'm not even sure she's aware of it's impending release. Are we just living in a cave, or is this some great marketing snafu? After all, people waited 18 months to 2 years between Potter releases, and each one was a major event, with the release date emblazoned onto every child's memory. Interesting and instructive to consider, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right; when you have to wait a super long time for a book, the excitement fades. I'm probably not going to buy the new book until it comes out in paperback, so that'll be another year. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay- I'm not going to watch the clip if it doesn't get my nerd juices flowing! LOL. I am way to excited to read the book, so I can't let anything dampen that. Whoot-whoot for INHERITANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Colin: I feel like Harry Potter was released every two years. That's not long to wait compared to the fact that a HP movie was released in the in-between years. Or something like that. (My memory likes playing tricks on me.) Anyway, it's taken Paolini like four years (published 2008) since Brisingr to get us Inheritance. That's a LONG time. At least in my world it is.

    @Kills: I feel compelled to buy the hardback copy, if only for the cover art. There's just something about that jacket sleeve. I love 'em.

    @Abby: Yay! I'm glad you've managed to maintain your enthusiasm! It's a tad catching! :)

    ReplyDelete

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.