Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sitting on My Laurels

Appropriately enough, I never can seem to shake that feeling of "OH MY" when someone gives me something. It doesn't matter if you've just given me a leaf you found on the ground and that's been trampled on for three days, or if the gift in question is a cup of coffee with eight sugars and two creams (the ultimate gift IMO) because I will always react the same way.

"Thanks! This is so awesome!"

And I'm having one of those moments right now.

Murees Dupé over at Daily Drama of an Aspiring Writer has given me the Liebster Blog Award! Isn't she great! Thanks, Murees!! I won't forget you around Christmastime, although I don't know how much it will cost me to ship a crocheted hat to South Africa...*stares at map perplexedly*

Cool, huh? Yeah. It has a heart on it, so you know it's legit.

Ahem. The Liebster Blog Award is meant to bring attention to other blogs, which is compounded by the fact that liebster is German for "favorite" or "dearest." Isn't that sweet?

In any case, there are a few things I must do as a proud Liebster awardee:

1. Thank the giver. Check!
2. Put the award on my blog. Check!
3. Pass the award on to five fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers.

And the award goes to... *drum roll*

Donelle Lacy over at a Little Dversion!

Cindy Thomas - Aspiring YA Author!

Eve. E over at Clueless Eve!

Stephanie Allen over at My Personal Fairytale!

Val the Victorian over at Unbagging the Cats!

Check!

Congratulations to each of them and all other preceding Liebster awardees! I'm going to apparate over to each of their blogs and give them the good news before this post has had time to cool. I hope that by continuing the liebster love, I've contributed in some small part to the greater good of the blogging community. It's the least I can do for all of the wonderful people I've met since jumping into the blogosphere.


On a side-note, I just ate a really spicy dinner roll that I thought was gonna be, yanno, not spicy, and now I'm very uncomfortable. I feel as if I've just kissed the sun, and not in a good way. I think they should label dinner rolls at the dining hall from now on because my cranberry juice just isn't fighting the fire like I thought it would. 


*adds to list of grievances for dining hall right after Not Enough Grilled Cheeses*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.