Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Returning from the Near-Dead

OH boy. Turns out that in addition to my overall overwhelmed state the past month, I've also had a sinus infection. It explains so much. Being the Type A person that I am, I couldn't understand why I was so tired, why I ran a fever every day, or why--gross warning--the snot just wouldn't stop.

However, I'm here to tell y'all the problems are now resolved. You're reading the words of a college student no longer plagued by the illness blues. I swear, I wish Z-paks came for everything in life, especially troublesome projects and early classes. I'd never lose a wink of sleep then!

The same can be said for writing. (Yes, I am pulling this lesson application out of thin air, but roll with it. I am.) There are always going to be days, weeks, or even months when we are not hitting the mark. We're going to lack energy and feel like what we're writing is guano. Sometimes we'll know the reason and sometimes we won't; it's just the luck of the draw.

But the important thing to remember is that there is light at the end of that tunnel. No matter how bad it gets or how much rejection you face or how many people tell you that what you're writing is no good, there is a Z-pak for that. Or whatever you want to call it. Silver lining. Pot of gold. Hot bath at the end of the longest day of your life. Those sort of images.

Now, I know it's hard to find those good things when you're being pushed down by the weight of a thousand elephants, but you have to have faith that one day those elephants will get tired of sitting on you and move on to other shoulders. If that makes any sense.

The solution for your issues won't always be as easy as a six day run of strong antibiotics, but I'm betting that it exists out there somewhere. All you have to do is look.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.