Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday! I'm a Fox!

Todd from The Fox and the Hound.

Not what you were expecting, is it? When I was a little girl, I used to pray at night before I went to bed that I would wake up as a fox.

It sounds silly reflecting back on that childhood dream, but I really did believe that God would turn me into a fox if I prayed hard enough.

Obviously, I'm not a fox and the prayer didn't work, but I can't say that I'm disappointed. I'm actually very happy that God decided, "Hey, she wants to be a fox, but she'll thank me for ignoring that request someday."

I am thankful.

Reasons:
1) I have opposable thumbs and I can type this post.
2) Foxes have a bad reputation and I have a good one.
3) Foxes can get mange and it looks really gross. I do not have mange. Nor do I anticipate having it. 

So, thanks. But why would I want to be a fox in the first place?

Good question. I thought that being a fox would be super cool. That's about it. Other than that early childhood fancy, I don't think I've ever wanted to be like someone else.

Thankfully, I've always had pretty good self-worth. I also led a very sheltered life, so I was protected from some of the nastiness of society out there.

I'm not going to say that I didn't have my share of bad times, but I somehow managed to keep my head up and push past whatever threatened my sanity.

These days I don't want to be a fox.

I want to be a wolf. They're much bigger and faster, and they can hunt big game. Like me.
From 2010-12-28 Hunting 2010

Well, that concludes this week's YA Highway: Road Trip Wednesday. Hope y'all enjoyed my little flashback to childhood innocence.

Am I the only one who wished to be an animal?

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun answer. Fox and the Hound is one of my favorite Disney movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say LOL, but I'm afraid I'll get chastised... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fear! I made the rule mainly for my own amusement and to see if I could scare the bejeezus out of people. Obviously, it worked somewhat, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A FOX?! ha! ive always kind of wanted to be a wolf, so no poking here :P however, when i was a kid i wanted to become a magician. like, do serious sort of finger-snapping magic that'd enable me to do anything i wanted to. unfortunately, even after praying every night and thinking, 'of course ill get the magic EVENTUALLY after praying this hard', i never did get it. good thing too, since half my teachers wouldve been dead. okay, so not dead (I wasnt THAT evil) but definitely retired. hehe.
    love your answer!

    ReplyDelete

When commenting on my blog, I ask that you use correct grammar and punctuation. It's a courtesy not only to me, but to other viewers as well. Thank you!