Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Wise Man's Fear Update

Cover of "The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller...Cover via AmazonFor some reason, I have only just now made it to the middle of The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It's not like I don't love the book, because I do, but I think it has to do with the fact that my classes are out to get me.

Seriously. They are. And they only started overwhelming me right when I bought The Wise Man's Fear and said to myself, "Yay! Now that I have it, and I have all of this free time between classes, I will finish it in no time!"

Wrong, past me. So very wrong.

So here I am, updating you people who are reading this--and probably wondering why you are reading this or how you got here--on my current reading progress.

Maybe by next Spring I will have it finished.

Here's to hoping!

(Brief interlude while I take a sip of sweet tea.)

Okay, I'm back. As for the book itself, I'm seriously in love with Rothfuss's style. For reals. All jokes aside, his books are AMAZING. If you haven't yet got your hands and eyes on a copy of The Name of the Wind, I recommend it. Actually, I heavily recommend it. Yes. I went there.

Just imagine...
The Lord of the Rings told in first person, through song.

Okay. So it's not really in song, but that's the closest I can come to even describing how Rothfuss puts words to use. The entire book just flowed over me like water or the wind. Which is slightly magical considering the book's title. Anyway, read it.

Once you do, I can guarantee you will be hunting for The Wise Man's Fear, and who knows? You might actually finish it before I do.

Wanna race?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.