Image via WikipediaOh boy. Where do I start...
It's been a long week. For starters, I missed this week's YA Highway: Road Trip Wednesday because I was working. And I've been too tired to write this post about how I missed it until today. Two days later...
Anywho, I'm exhausted. I never realized how annoying fellow Spring breakers are to the locals running the shops and restaurants, until I was one of the locals. Sheesh. I apologize for myself and all other college students. We're pretty dumb.
Some--let's be honest, mostly dudes--are really stupid. They border on imbecilic when in groups, because large numbers of dumb people looking to have a good time just adds to the idiocy factor.
It's like a law that dumb people get dumber around other dumb people.
A good thing to come of this week is that I now have a chocolate frog trading card of Godric Gryffindor thanks to a very wonderful person who I shall not name unless he wants to be named, in which case he will be named and with great gusto.
I think I'm going to take a page from C.J. Redwine's book and do a list. It just feels like something I should do. Here I go.
1. I do not like matchy-matchy guys in polo shirts and hats of the same color. It's just weird, so don't do it. Ever. Not even in the privacy of you rooms. I will feel the disturbance in the fashion force and a shudder will go up my spine.
2. Please no pictures. I'm not a model, nor do I wish to be when I'm trying to check my e-mail and drink coffee through a straw so my teeth stay white.
3. If you do take my picture and I happen to see you, do not run away into the boy's bathroom where I cannot get to you and I can't stomp your phone into tiny bits of plastic and glass.
4. If you expect me to ever take you seriously, lose the floppy girl's hat. And stop being all matchy-matchy with your frat bros.
5. It's not recommended to anyone that you eat silicon beads. There's a reason it says "Not for human consumption" on the packets. Just saying. Thought it was a universal no-no.
6. When I say I'm tired. I mean I'm tired. And when I'm tired that does not mean I want to "party with you until the break of day." Especially if you're wearing a yellow polo shirt and matching hat.
7. Or a purple polo shirt with matching hat.
8. Or green.
9. Or black.
10. Or orange.
11. Or any color of the rainbow that may or may not be visible to the human eye.
12. Sweet tea means I want tea with sugar in it. Not tea that isn't sweet. I'm in the South for Pete's sake, you'd think it'd be obvious.
13. I like jelly beans. So does someone else.
14. I love my Godric Gryffindor card. He moves. Like magic.
15. I haven't eaten the chocolate frog yet. I keep waiting for it to jump and try to escape through my window.
16. I still haven't finished The Wise Man's Fear and it's making me irritable.
17. It's Arts and Crafts this weekend and I still haven't gone to buy a replacement mug that my mother said, "Jumped out of the cabinet and committed pottery suicide." The toxicology report still hasn't come in and I'm doubting the suicide story. My shell cup had so much to live for.
18. I also haven't bought my customary pina colada in a coconut this year. I don't feel whole without it.
19. I did get my traditional henna tattoo. It's the Deathly Hallows symbol (as portrayed in the photograph above.)
20. I spent most of my paycheck at my job buying clothes and shoes. I haven't decided yet if I should take away my own debit card or not. (There are just too many cute things for me to buy!)
Well, that's all folks!