Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springing Break

Murudeshwar Beach IndiaImage via WikipediaOf all the things college students want to do on their Spring breaks, working doesn't naturally climb to the top of the list. But I've never been one to follow lists.

I like to be a little different. I walk on the wild side. I'm working and I like it.

Wanna know why? Because I like money.

Sounds pretty simple. The only problem with my current state of being has to do with the fact that I don't have as much time to be lazy. And I also really like to do NOTHING.

It's a strange combination in a person. A lazy workaholic. That's me.

I've never had much of a problem with who I am. Sometimes my parents do and I usually try to stave off the laziness to please them while I'm at home. Hence the working. I don't know if I would have survived just lazing around to be honest.

They'd want me to do stuff. So I am. I just do it because I decided I want to do it.

See how I thwarted them? I'm tricky like that. See, if they had told me to do something I would have instinctively retracted and developed an inner resistance to their parental admonitions.

This way I beat them at their own game. Of course, I'm also doing exactly what they want me to do. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm a winner. At least in my own eyes.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I used to ask for proper grammar and such in comments. Now that I'm older, I realize it's still important, but that not everyone likes following the rules or even remembers the rules. Instead, let's just be kind.